Search This Blog

Thursday, February 5, 2015

KM 319

I hate to admit this, but Face Book has nearly ruined my blogging.   These pictures and the story are pretty old for this day and time, but I want this to be recorded, old or not.  These are some of the Troy Construction crew members who worked on KM 319 near Wyalusing, PA.  I wasn't working on this job, but I went out to a safety bar-b-q that the company had for the employees and took pictures.  Troy does this in recognition of accident free work.
This is Mr. Bill Bennett, private inspector for Kinder Morgan.
My husband, Bobby, helping with the cooking.
These men are done with the job and are heading home.  I do not know their names, but I hope Tommy can tell me who they are.
Chris Dreyton, one of the safety men, helped with the dinner.  He worked with me on the Snake Creek job, and he is a great person to work with.
Jorge Zepeda is the crane operator, and he is also a whiz on the computer.  He used to work in the office all the time until he got certified as a crane operator.
Mr. Jose Gelasio (with no helmet) and friends.  He also worked at Snake Creek.  Maybe Tommy can remember all their names.
   
Chris Dreyton and me.  The sun sure was bright that day!
Richard Wega and me.  Richard was the other safety man on this job, and he also worked at Snake Creek when I was clerk.  He is such a fun person to work with.
Mr. Wayne Pierce with Drey.  Mr. Wayne was the superintendent for the job.  He  is an interesting person, who loves to hunt, can fruits and vegetables, make sausage.  You name it, he can do it.
Ms. Brenda Pierce was the clerk.  She took care of everything from running for supplies to the very important job of payroll.
Richard, Pascuali, and Drey.
Tommy Stanaland enjoying a Pepsi, and good cooking.  I ought to submit this to Pepsi and make Tommy famous!
And then there is Ms. Clara Wasserman, who guards the gate.  She signs people in and out and stops the protesters at the gate.  She is busy all day long.  Bobby Stanaland in the picture with her. 
Mr. Victor Contreras!  What an entertainer.  He is also the hydro-testing man, and pipe fitter, and anything else that needs to be done.
Bobby, and Tommy finished this job a few days before Thanksgiving 2013.  We had to wait for the weather to clear before we could head home, and we left on Thanksgiving day 2013 to drive the 1700 miles back to Texas.  The roads were still pretty icy in Pennsylvania, but got better the farther West we went.  Thanksgiving dinner was actually Thanks giving supper in a truck stop, and it sure was good, well not as good as Mom's, but pretty darned good.  



No comments:

Post a Comment